Haervejsmarchen 2009

This year I went in the weekend from 27 and 28 of June for the second time to Viborg to walk there.
Also this year we sleep in the sports Hal from the stadium of FF Viborg and this year breakfast and dinner
where much better than 2 years ago.
Two years ago I did not go to the official opening of this event so this year I decided to go, but it was a disappointment.
The music was from the local marching band ( 15 persons ) and in front of that was 1 guy walking with the Danish flag.
I had the idea that maybe after 41 years they had a big grand opening, but no I was wrong.
Somebody of the organization and the major give a little speech and then the
Haervejsmarchen was opened.
Gladly for us the routes where very beautiful and that's where we came for.
This year I on the first day I saw that a lot off youngsters carry a lot of liquor with them, but then they walk only 20 km
and they had it on a little cart with music on it, also they where dressed up in funny close so it looks like a carnival parade.
The routes where almost the same as two years ago, so it looks familiar to me.
Where you get at the most walking events things for free, here you can buy it but for a fair prize.
When you want to walk here, take enough to drink with you because water points are far apart from each other.
The distance you can do here are 20, 30, 40 of 45 km and that depends on your age and if you are man or women
You walk 30% over paved road and the other 70% over unpaved country roads or gravel paths,
a good pair high walking shoes I can advise you for better protection for your ankles.

This year there where around 6000 walkers from 12 different countries.
I don't know when but I will be back..

Bilder från 2009



 

Haervejsmarchen 2007

This I walked on 23 and 24 June in and around the Danish city off Viborg.
This was also again a very nice 2 days event where they show you the area around the city,
you see things like grain fields, forest and moor land and so often also a nice lake.
All the participators stayed in a big sports Hal from the local handball club and behind that was
the stadium off the soccer club FF Viborg that in the season 2000/2001 played in the UEFA Cup,
where they were kicked out in the second round ( this for the soccer fans ).
I had, if I wanted a medal, to walk the 45 Km a day because off my age. So I did that.
Here you good start between 05.00 and 07.00 hour and too have a little space in time on the end off the day I started at 05.00.
I was very lucky that I started that early because on the end off the day it started too rain in the last 5 km,
else I had to walk longer in the rain, and there was another advantage because when I came in around 13.30 I had the
shower all to myself, and with 300 people in that sports Hal whit 16 showers ( for man and women ) is that not a many.
When I was busy being lazy I saw the other participants coming in wet till the body.
The only problem I got now because off the rain where wet walking shoes,
not only the outside but also the inside and that came because I had a hole in each off my shoes.
Gladly there where some nice Swedish people laying next too me where I knew one off from the walk in Finland,
the Vaasan Marssi, and this lady brought a view newspapers whit her from Sweden what I good use for putting into my
shoes to try to get them dry. After a nice evening the next morning started very early again for the next 45 km that weekend, 
gladly my shoes where dry so less change for blisters.
Day two was also a very nice walk, and just like the first day it ended with rain but like always we made it too the finish.
I thought they good do better on the food and drink corner but after Luxemburg I had high expectations.
So my advice is take something with you for on the way like something to drink and eat.
There are some points where you can fill your water bottle and buy something too eat,
especially those Danish rolls where very tasty.
This event brings you many different landscapes en the distance you can do here are
20, 30, 40 of 45 km and that depends on your age and if you are man or women.
You walk 30% over paved road and the other 70% over unpaved country roads or gravel paths,
a good pair high walking shoes I can advise you for better protection for your ankles.
This year there where 4250 people and I was one off them, in the future I will be back and maybe that’s already next year,
then this event will be held on  29 and 30 June 2008.
So see you maybe next year.
 


 

 

Vad du ser runt Viborg

 

 

Mer information på website: www.haervejsmarchen.dk

Här kanna dej mina Diplom och Medalj spana in  

 

uppdatera på  09 Juli '09